Sunday, September 23, 2012

Exercise!

Exercise; Have you heard this word recently? I know I have heard it over a dozen times this year. I’m beginning to think exercise helps you with everything. I’ve tried it several times and have failed each time. I’m not making the grade to pass. Thank goodness, I didn’t do that in math and English.
I do realize; however, that I do need to exercise. It would make me feel so much better, however, I don’t know where to start. I usually try something and it only lasts about 2-4 weeks. I’ve tried it at home and the gym. Oh, yes; I’m paying for a membership that I don’t use.
I’ve tried walking, indoors, outdoors and even on a treadmill, and I can say I just really don’t care too much for it. Yoga is too slow and not quite for me. Jazzercise is just too darn fast that I can’t keep up. Water exercise; well let’s just say that isn’t for me either. I think I will google the words ”Exercise Alternatives”. Maybe there is some alternative to exercising. Wow! I’m not the only one that has this problem. There are all kinds of suggestions. 100 fun exercises to add to your gym membership….Dance…tried it! Don’t forget those old exercise video’s that are collecting dust. Now you can get them on-line and down load to your iPod. You’re kidding me? Kettle bells, medicine balls and even sand bags; I think I need to go back to school to learn all this. Not! That would be too much brain exercise.
There are some alternatives to exercise that make me think. You can count house cleaning as exercise. Not me; hate it! Coaching is considered exercise. I think that is because it gets your heart rate going. I did that for over 15 years; burn out! Move on; what else.
Here are some good ones: Home gym. Keep a set of dumbbells in a kitchen cabinet or food pantry, and do a few bicep curls and shoulder presses while dinner is cooking. Use a stability ball as a desk chair to work your abs while you’re paying bills. Keep a yoga mat under your bed, and pull it out for some downward dogs in the morning or before going to bed at night. I’d probably cook the dumbbells; I’d forget to pay the bills and I do the downward dog already every day. It helps me move in the morning. Wow! Score one for me.
Date nights in sneakers. If your date nights typically involve a dinner and a movie, ask your partner to join you on a long walk, or go bowling or dancing. I can see me ask Tony to go walking, etc.
Get a dog. A Canadian study showed that dog owners spend about 300 minutes or five hours a week doing Fido-related physical activities. By taking pooch out to do his business, playing tug of war, and going to the dog park, you will burn lots of calories. I have two dogs and their lazy ones that lay around all day under my feet. Plus, I live in the country and just let them out the door.
There are a few more listed, but my fingers are getting tired from all this typing. Finger Exercise! Score! I have gotten a lot of exercise writing this blog. I’ve seen the word “exercise” over 100 times; I’ve gotten out of my seat at least 5 times to stretch and my brain is tired from all this writing. Wow! I did about 45 minutes of exercise. I’m tired and need to go rest.

1 comment:

  1. My father was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs there help.

    ReplyDelete